Sunday, October 21, 2007

Adventures...not the good kind.

I had committed to help out with a trip to six flags with my sisters church and so we all piled into a old van and headed for a two hour car trip. On the way there our vans tire went flat. Luckily we got the spare out and fixed it and we were on our way. Then after six or seven hour of chasing children around an amusement park we headed back homes. Half way back we noticed the exhaust was working extra hard so we rolled down our windows so we did not die. Twenty minutes before dropping off the kids our car caught on fire. This unfortunately is not a joke it literally was on fire. So we waited on the side of the freeway for a while and i had no reception on my phone and my sisters phone had died. So while i was holding one of the little girls i start telling a story to make her feel better i say "my dad would say that this is an adventure... he says that when things dont go the right way" The little girl goes "This is not a good adventure... i dont like it" my comforting tactic did not work. :)
I believe that we should have turned around when the tire went flat. But that is not how you make adventures.

3 comments:

laceylou said...

Oh the stories to tell! You know fire always makes the story better. I am so glad you and every one else are alright. I do have to admit I could not help but smile and giggle a bit at that sweet little girl’s response. You are such a trooper! Did you enjoy any of the theme park (besides the chasing of the children)?

laceylou said...

Oh, Holly says "Hi!" and she misses you! As do I (of course)!

laceylou said...

Hey girl! I'm bored at work. How are things? Super grazy busy knowing you! Just wanted to say "Hello friend"